For this activity you will experiment with H5P as a way to add interactive web elements to almost learning content hosted in WordPress or LMS platforms such as Canvas, Moodle, or Blackboard (these may require a plugin), or any other web site where you can add custom HTML code. The name comes from the elements you create with it being published as HTML5, which can be played back in a web browser or mobile device without any special plugins.
If you have completed the Technologist module you will have encountered an activity for walking through the SECTIONS framework. This activity uses H5P for an interactive presentation that enables you to enter and export/save your text.
Visit the H5P website to explore the wide range of content types available that can be built with H5P. Below are two examples for the Agamatto content type which allows you to create a slider to transition between images, to show layers of meaning, multiple representations… maybe you can think of something to do with this?
- If you haven’t already visit the eCampusOntario H5P Studio to create an account. Login
- Review the activity types and try to think of a small exercise that you have your students complete. What is something you already have them do that could benefit from some interactivity or be presented in a different way?
- Create an interactive activity for learners to review for an assessment or to assess prior knowledge about a topic.
- Include a link to your activity as your response for this activity.
- After you make your submission, save the web address to your response (found in the green confirmation box) so you can use it later for your badge submission form.
Example for "Going Interactive With H5P":