Now we move into the phase where you will outline a research plan for an SoTL project in your area of interest.
You will be doing your work in a document that will be used for the remaining activities in this module, and eventually shared in a SoTL Research Plan Folder with the ones done by previous participants.
Before you begin, choose the documentation tool you will use to complete the rest of the activities in this module.
- Make a copy of the SoTL Research Plan template that is saved in your own Google account.
- When the copy is created, edit the file name to include your name.
- Click the Share button in the top right, then Get Sharable Link to find the web address for sharing your document as a response to this activity.
- Open the document
- Use the File > Download menu to save it to your computer as a document.
- Start by examining the practice resource links provided in the Considerations section of the Scholar Module and the UBC SoTL Explorer. Optional: For additional background, review the planning documents in the SoTL Research Plan Folder by colleagues who have already completed this module.
- Create your SoTL Research Plan (Google Doc or MS Word) and describe your thinking about an area of research interest and a potential framework you are considering.
- In your response for this activity, share the link to your doc or upload your file.
- After you make your submission, save the web address to your response (found in the green confirmation box) so you can use it later for your badge submission form.
Example for "Outline Your SoTL Plan":