- Improved outcomes and assessment scores.
- Useful data for assessments, program reviews, retention strategies, and accreditation processes.
- Faculty development opportunities.
- Increased reflection on teaching and learning among colleagues.
- Stronger institutional values on teaching and learning.
- Promotion of new networks among members at institutions.
- Scholarship opportunities in the form of presentations and publications.
- Opportunity for outside funding to support program innovation.
- Renewed excitement about teaching and learning, and greater self-awareness.
I picked my 3 motivations because student outcome is the top priority for any instructor; the more we can get our colleagues to care about the learning experience, the students ultimately benefit; and I’ve met some great people through educational development/SoTL opportunities that have positively impacted my professional and personal growth