Think about the past year of your professional life…
- List the projects or ideas that you have collaborated on with others.
- Now, on a piece of paper, or using one of the Image tools in the Extend Toolkit, draw a dining table or modify an open licensed image of one.
- Choose one of the projects you identified (successful or otherwise) and draw a place setting for each person involved at the table. Describe each person you worked with. Consider the following questions:
- Were they part of or outside of your discipline?
- How did your skills compare with theirs?
- At the centre of the table list the modes and communication tools you used to collaborate. Note which ones worked better than others.
- Identify patterns and gaps:
- Highlight the type of people and processes that you know work well for you.
- Identify anything that is missing from the table—anything you need to consider for future collaborations.
- Take a photo of your “collaborative dining table” or export it as an image file. Then share it on twitter with a mention of @OntarioExtend and the hashtag #oextend.
Example for "The Collaborative Dining Table":